Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Four Wonderful Years

Today is our anniversary. Four years has gone by really fast. I've been looking through all of our pictures and we have done a lot of fun stuff together in our four years of marriage. So here's a few memories for whoever cares to read them.

When we were dating I wanted to guard my kisses, so I told Jonathan that I wanted our first kiss to really be something special and that I wanted it to happen further into our relationship. I even went so far as to tell him specifics of where I did not want our first kiss to take place. I definitely did not want our first kiss at one of our apartments and I let him know that (man, I was bossy). Apparently my criteria made him completely nervous (I wonder why) and I got tired of waiting for him to kiss me. One evening at his apartment I decided I couldn't wait any longer for him to kiss me and I didn't care so much about our location. I figured if I leaned in he would get the point...I was wrong. He was so worried about my criteria and the fact that we were at his apartment that he kept backing away and resisting me. Needless to say our first kiss ended up being pretty awkward, but I think the story and the memory of it makes it more special than if it would have happened at one of my approved locations.

On the way to the temple on our wedding day the air conditioning vent in the car was blowing right on my feet. My parents were driving and I was in the back seat without any control of the air. So I announced that my feet were cold--meaning that I wanted the air turned down. I kind of forgot that "cold feet" before a wedding had a different meaning.
Visiting Temple Square while we were dating.A few of my roommates and Jonathan and I needed a break from campus and school work so we took a quick trip to Jackson one Saturday. Our favorite engagement picture. It's on the dry farm at his family's place. Our car has never been the same since that night! I love me eye-ball in this picture. I was completely disgusted at what Jonathan's brothers and sisters-in-law had done to the car. On our honeymoon. Our first Christmas.
Visiting the church history sites on our trip to the Mid-West. Carthage and Nauvoo were some of the most spiritual places we have ever visited. On top of the gateway arch. The little elevator ride up is kind of scary!
Jonathan attempting the Big Jud one pound burger. He finished about 3/4s of it!
Jonathan's graduation.
Our little house in Nevada. I loved how remote we were--20 minutes from town on a gravel road and an hour from any somewhat major city.
One night while we were living in Nevada we had a friend over. We left the porch light and the light inside the main entrance on while we were all in the living room talking. When she got ready to leave we walked her to the door to find that hundreds (that's not an exaggeration) of crickets had made their way inside. I had a few glue boards like these through the house and every one was completely covered in crickets and there were still crickets hopping all over the place. I now have nightmares of cricket invasions. Our first horse, Dunny. He came back with us from Nevada. He was originally purchased in Idaho then brought to Nevada...so I guess you could say we were just bringing him back to where he belonged :)My graduation. We had just started telling people we were expecting.The last house we lived in.
Maggie's birth. It doesn't seem like that was almost a year ago!
Maggie's blessing day.
We can't forget about all of our memories delivering bulls. We saw a lot of interesting things, but this is getting quite lengthy so I won't write about anything.
Playing in our new yard.
Our silly girl.
And that brings us to where we are now. Here's to the rest of our happy years together :)

No comments: