Friday, May 15, 2009

House Shopping and More

I still don't have my wedding ring back. they called last week and said it was done, so I drove the hour down there to pick it up. Whenever I pick my ring up they hand it to me and ask me to look it over to make sure I approve. They don't always do this verbally, but the way they hand it to me says it too. This time the salesman handed it to me to look over and my jaw hit the ground. My diamond was still missing. I didn't know what to say. All that escaped my tongue was, "Uh, can you tell me why the diamond is still missing?" Real intelligent sounding right? But it was okay because the salesman came back with, "Uh, I. Don't. Know." Then he started acting like he was accusing me, asking about the type of warranty I have, etc. Long story short the lab they sent it to didn't have the right equipment to fix it, but instead of sending it to the correct lab they sent it back to the jewelry store. Upon receiving it, the jewelry store assumed it was done and called me to pick it up. So far I have driven 10 hours round trip for this ring, so I'm thinking for my sanity they better get it right this time.

We still haven't decided on a house yet, but there are a few that we're seriously considering. This is a lot more stressful and confusing than I thought it would be.

I remember my mom telling us kids about when they were house shopping. She said when they walked through the house that I grew up in she got emotional, visualized her kids growing up there, and had a "this-is-the-place-moment." I told Jonathan that I think I will experience "the moment" when we find the house for us, but now he's holding me to it. Oh boy, what if I'm not spiritual enough to have "the moment?" It hasn't happened in any of the houses so far, even though we've liked a few. I got teary eyed in one when they talked about how many little girls are in the neighborhood and that we'd fit right in, but we didn't feel right about that house. So, those of you who have homes...how did you decide on it and did you have "the moment" when you first walked though them? This is a big decision and we want to get it right.

3 comments:

Katie said...

good luck with everything Janessa! we are looking to buy a house soon-ish....I'm not looking forward to the stress! Best of luck! I'm sure you will love whichever one you decide on :) I know this sounds cheesy, but it's not so much about the house you choose as it is the memories you make there.

Ben and Kelli said...

Good luck, I am sure you will know! When we picked our house I didn't really have the moment, but it went something like this. We found a house we liked so we put an offer. When they counter offered we walked through it once mroe just to make sure and i just knew that it WASN'T the right one. so we rejected, and even though they came back and said they'd take our first one, I knew it was wrong. When we found our house there wasn't a big moment I just felt really peaceful about it. So it was just a quiet assurance but we absolutely love our house and know it was the right one for us. maybe you won't have a huge moment but you will know!!! Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Our Western Way of Life: House Shopping and More" to our Shopping Directory . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

bestmart.info Team

http://www.bestmart.info