A few days ago I was playing with Maggie on the floor. Then she got a little fussy, and smelly, so I picked her up and changed her diaper. I set her back down on her play-mat and went and washed my hands. When I came back I noticed a tiny and ultra-sparkly square thing by Maggie's hand. I picked it up and examined it. It looked like a little glass rhinestone and I was trying to figure out what headband or clothing item it could have fallen off of. I thought to myself, "the only thing that has something like this is my wedding band." Simultaneously as that thought hit I glanced at my ring and noticed a nice square hole in it where this ultra-sparkly "thing" used to be. Oh, silly me. That was no "thing" at all, it was just a diamond from my wedding ring.
What is so frustrating is that I had just picked my ring up from the jeweler that afternoon. I have to bring it in every six months to have it checked out, otherwise the warranty will be voided. When I brought it in in October I told them that I was a little worried about how my ring was wearing down by the diamonds because I didn't want any to fall out. They told me they weren't loose at all and not to worry. I was still worried though. So this time, I asked the jeweler if there was anything they could do and he said they could add more gold around the diamonds and build it up. Perfect. At least it would have been perfect if it would have worked. It seems that their operation on my ring made it worse.
Luckily I found the diamond, but if I didn't warranty would have covered it anyway. I told Jonathan if I was a dishonest person I would have told them that I lost the diamond and I would have got a free diamond out of it.
Can you imagine if the timing would have been any different though? It would have either landed in Maggie's diaper and then I would have thrown it away. Or I would have washed it down the drain when I washed my hands. Or Maggie could have put it in her mouth and thus had a very valuable duodenum. Or, it could have got permanently lost in the carpet once it fell off of her play-mat. I probably would have never noticed it if my ring hadn't been cleaned that day...it was just so shiny that it caught my eye!
So my ring is back at the jeweler's, and hopefully this time it gets fixed! Oh, and p.s. my husband went to Jared--I know you're impressed :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad that you found it, that would have been sad!!! Good luck wit getting it to stay in! And btw I absolutely LOVE the wedding cake!! We've been out of town so I missed your posts, but I scrolled down and saw it, it looks beautiful, I'm sure she was so happy!
Post a Comment