The last few nights have been pretty restless and I really needed a break or I was going to go insane. So Maggie and I bundled up to go on our little adventure. Every year there is a dog derby held near our house. The mushers race to Yellowstone and back, which equals a 100 mile race over the course of two days. I have always wanted to go watch it, but something has always come up. Jonathan was too busy to go this year, but that didn't stop me (even though it would have been more fun with some company that can talk).
I had no idea when the mushers would be where I could see them from our selected parking spot. I figured driving out there couldn't hurt though even if I didn't end up seeing any of the mushers. I have to say though that I timed it perfectly. As soon as I pulled up there were a couple mushers racing along. The pictures aren't the greatest, but it was nice to get out of the house for a little while to do something other than grocery shopping. 
Aside from the dog derby, nothing too newsy is happening around here. Jonathan is keeping very busy with calving and getting ready for the bull sale. The sale is on March 12. Maggie and I went and watched Jonathan trim some bulls the other day, but Maggie wasn't too entertained with it so we went back inside.
Our betta is o-fish-ially dead. Since bettas aren't exactly energetic, our nephew Jones would always ask, "is your fish dead?" And out answer would always be "no, he's just sleeping." But, after a few days of extra-lethargic-lack-of-activity our fish died.
We haven't heard any more reports of the wolves around our house, but I'm sure they're still out there. Hmm, I think that's pretty much everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment