Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Maggie at 2 Months

I can't believe how fast Maggie is growing. She weighs 10 pounds 14 ounces and is 22 inches long--that puts her in the 29th percentile for height and the 45th for weight...so a little below average, but she's healthy and happy. Here's some of her milestones:
  • She loves to look around and be active. She gets fussy at night unless we are walking her around the house with us. She doesn't like to sit in one place for too long.
  • She loves her swing. It is the best $5 I ever spent! Sometimes it's the only way she'll wind down.
  • She is strong. She can stand up with little support from Mom or Dad. She can hold her head up really well too and she has recently figured out how to hold on to Mommy's hair and necklaces and not let go...Ouch!
  • She has been acting a little colicky and ornery lately, which isn't normal for her. Today has been a much better day though.
  • She is still sleeping pretty good. She has some bad nights, but usually sleeps from about 8:30 until 4:30 or 5:00. It seems like her worst nights are when I go to bed later than usuall and am therefore already running on less sleep than I should be.
  • She likes to eat. Sometimes she gets so excited that she squeaks while she eats--then of course she's gassy and she puts us to shame with her burping ability. She likes to pass her gas during Sunday School while it's quiet :-)
  • Our church schedule is backwards and usually by the time sacrament meeting starts she is tired and just wants to be walked around or cry, so we haven't been making it through all of church for the past few weeks.
  • She likes to grin, especially crooked little half smiles. She is the most likely to smile while she's laying on the changing table and of course I can't get a good picture because my hands are occupied with diapers.
  • She is our joy and the center of our world! We love you Maggie!

3 comments:

kharris said...

Janessa she is so cute. She looks so much older from the last pictures. Marc is growing so fast and is huge. We will have to get together. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Unknown said...

she is so darn cute janessa! time does go by fast huh?!

Jill said...

What a sweet little gal! you will be glad that you are writing down all those milestones...I didn't do it with jack and now I regret it!