Today I went grocery shopping. I pulled into the parking lot and parked at the same time a car full of teenagers parked. While I was getting ready to get out of the car, five teens piled out of the sedan. Then they popped the trunk and two more piled out. I'm pretty sure that's illegal, but it was funny to witness none the less. I just hope they don't get rear-ended.
Behold the Grapple! A friend of ours told us that he sampled the odd fruit a few years ago, but I had never seen it in a store so I wasn't sure if I believed it. It's a mix between a concord grape and an apple. They infuse a Fuji apple with concord grape concentrate and what you get is an apple that tastes like a grape. After teenagers were coming out of a car like a hat-trick I stumbled across the Grapple in the produce section. "So it is true!" I thought to myself. I called Jonathan with the good news and brought some home for an interesting treat. I'm not sure they are worth buying regularly just because they are more expensive; however, they are worth experiencing. It is really weird to cut an apple open and smell grape. keep your eyes open for the Grapple at your supermarket. If you want to know more you can visit this link and watch the Food Network's episode of Unwrapped about it.
1 comment:
I've never heard of a Grapple, but it actually sounds yummy!!! Congrats on getting more sleep. It makes such a difference!
So how do you make your Mexican lasagne?
Post a Comment