On Friday morning Jonathan came inside after feeding everything. I was still mostly asleep and all I could hear was something screaming. My first thought was that it was Maggie. Then I thought, "She sounds a lot like a cat...that's weird." Then Jonathan came into the room and said, "I thought you might want to see what I found running around the potato field." It was one of our kittens and it had its head stuck in an old empty mayonnaise jar. It was a little sad, but it was also hilarious to witness! It looked like an astronaut with the glass globe around it's head (only it was really plastic). We didn't get a picture of it, but I'm sure your imagination can do it justice. Everything is fine with it now. Jonathan was able to slide the jar off of its head. He asked if it had learned it's lesson and held the jar down to the kitten...it tried to stick its head back in so I guess it didn't learn a lesson. We used to call that kitten Bobby, but maybe we'll rename her Mayo.
Then that morning my mom and I were in the living room and a great horned owl flew by our window and landed in one of our trees. So I stalked out there as quietly as I could to get a picture, but we all know owls have a keen sense of hearing. This was the only picture I could get before it took off.
Then that morning my mom and I were in the living room and a great horned owl flew by our window and landed in one of our trees. So I stalked out there as quietly as I could to get a picture, but we all know owls have a keen sense of hearing. This was the only picture I could get before it took off.
No comments:
Post a Comment